Sunday, July 17, 2011

On my ride, I found the mobile home testing facility. Who knew about this?

I've learned a new turn of phrase that I've decided to use more often. It's...

Oh, hold on. Lea Michele and Idina Menzel are dueting on Glee and I'm watching on a giant projector screen in surround sound and it's basically making my brain explode in musical geekery.

Alright, back to the topic at hand.

champagne problem
n. A choice between two positive or ideal things; a problem that actually demonstrates one's good fortune.
Used in a sentence - actually, used in an interview by Naya Rivera:
"I got proposed to by women twice today at a Meet & Greet. And at the last tour stop, I got two bouquets of roses. It’s so sweet. Getting hit on by both genders is such a champagne problem."

I got a new bike!

Well, technically, use of the word 'new' is the biggest lie in the world. It's one of the bikes I pulled out of my parents' shed. I don't really know what it is or where it comes from. It says 'Vista Silver Shadow Made In Japan' on the frame so there's that.

From what I can gather from The JOAT, she's a road bike that's at least 30 years old, probably older. It's actually kind of awesome. The frictionless gears are proving tricky for me - considering that I barely understand the mechanics of clicky gears (and I call them clicky gears) - but The JOAT assures me that I can't really fuck them up so just keep practicing.

I can't fuck them up, but I can certainly fuck myself up when I get so distracted trying to get the right gear that I forget to, you know, ride the bike.

I took her out for our first long ride today, and damn, it's so fast. I can put my head down and just fly. I don't know why it's easier to go harder on this bike than the one I was using. People mention things like bike weight and aerodynamics, but that explains why me-and-bike go faster, not why it's so easy for me to push it.

Now she needs a name. And for some reason my ability to name things is failing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment