Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nevermind the bollocks.

Well, assuming food ever happens, then tonight we'll be having the first Family Dinner ever. For now, though, we're just sitting around having the first Family Time ever, and that's ok. Because I figured in advance that 'dinner at 7' didn't mean 'dinner at 7,' so I had a snack earlier and have been snitching things from the kitchen for a while now.

Lots of exciting things happened in Urban Camping Land today.

There was a plumber. Then, in a direct causation, I was able to take a shower for the first time in two days. This was a big deal because, since we discovered the plumbing issue and all showering activities were halted, I ran sixteen miles, filled a bunch of holes in the walls, and then sanded all of those holes smooth. I was really gross and had resorted to wrapping my head up in a bandana so no one could see my hair.

I met the mailman. His name is Mike. There's another mailman, and he's also called Mike, but I didn't meet him. This Mike was very nice, but I'm predisposed to liking mailmen. I don't know why. I think it's their short pantsed uniforms.

I also now have a chair AND a futon. This brings my furniture grand total to 4 things. I'm almost a real person. A real person living a transient lifestyle because I can't live in my own room yet, but a real person nonetheless.

-TOPIC CHANGE-
(Keep up, now!)

I was listening to NPR today and All Things Considered did a segment on this book, Out of the Vinyl Deeps by Ellen Willis. It sounds fairly good and I'll be trying to obtain it in a cheap or free fashion soon. I do like to hear people waxing pretentious about music. If you can't tell by my constant waxing pretentiousness about music.

Anyways. In the interview they talked about her experiences with the Sex Pistols, and it made me decide that this was the video of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment