Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is anything better?

I love the Cranberries. I have since I can remember, probably since before I was old enough to really understand them.

And yet, until last year, no one had ever told me that Dolores O'Riordan had done solo work after they went on hiatus in 2003. I find this unbelievably tragic. I mean, I could have been musically stalking her all this time.

Here's 'When We Were Young,' off of Are You Listening?, her debut solo album, released in 2007. I may not have been listening then, but I'm certainly making up for it now.


The Cranberries are now reformed, and were on tour in Europe, but they cancelled a bunch of dates due to Dolores having laryngitis. Which is a pretty damn good reason, given the kind of gymnastics she can put her throat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment