Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Something I should analyze more closely...

...is the fact that I like myself better running than I do when I'm sitting still.

I mean, it's not that I *dislike* myself at any given moment. I just like the way I feel, as a whole community of atoms and DNA and body parts and grey matter, when all of us are concentrated on running. Running is a total body experience and there aren't many things that are like for me. It may come as a shock to you, but I tend to be a little ADD. Multi-tasking, they call it these days.

Like, I'm writing this, and listening to songs to figure out what to post to here today, and watching the clock because I have to leave here at about 4:30 to run 4 miles and be at The Librarian's house in time to catch a ride to track.

I'm not gonna be doing a track workout today, but I want to hang out with my running friends, who are doing track, so I'm running 4 miles before and I'll just tool around the track for at least 3 miles and then go to dinner with everybody. I'm holding myself back from speed work until I'm more used to skating. I don't think my legs can get used to both at once, as my knee injury can attest.

I don't understand what Glee's producers think Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" is about, but I'm pretty sure this is like in my Chaucer class, when I'm sitting there holding my breath trying not to blurt out, "SEX! Chaucer is talking about SEX!" and the Professor is like, "God, someone please say 'sex' so I don't have to," and everyone else in the class is like, "Um... the birds are chirping?"

Oh, good. Time to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment