Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yo body is there but mama, where yo brains at?

This fine Saturday brought to you by women's hockey tournaments and pinon coffee! The Librarian is playing at the Winter Warm-Up in Raleigh, and we stopped at Trader Joe's on the way back, and there it was, the New Mexican flag beaming at me.

I haven't had pinon coffee since that month I spent with my aunt in ABQ, and man, have I missed it. I could have eaten it with a spoon when I peeled off the foil and the smell hit me. Heaven.

I was thinking on the drive back that one of the things I really like about hockey is that the women who play it, you'd never know from looking at them. Mama P, for example - if I saw her walking down the street, I would never in a million years guess that she was hardcore about hockey. She looks like your typical suburban soccer mom. And then she puts on her gear and she's a hockey player.

It's different with running. I mean, you can look at a person and kind of know that they run. It's a difference in body composition and stride. But hockey players come in all shapes and strides.

I gotta go figure out something to eat. In about 3 hours, I'll be embarking on my first solo 13 miles. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment