Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not lost in translation.

French-Chilean rapper Ana Tijoux is absolutely mesmerizing, even if you don't speak Spanish like some English Majors. Thank the Librarian and her super-search skills for finding the translation below.


1970, 1970

1970, 1970

I was born one day in June
in the year '77.
Planet Mercury
and the year of the snake
without a patent
tattooed and on my forehead
in my mother's stomach
marked the next phase.
It makes me cry
without anesthesia on the stretcher.
My dad only said it's Ana Maria.
If it would be the first cry
that I would try
burning the wounds
and giving myself the drums.
I used to be then like an open book,
but I read the small print on the text,
like an architect
constructing each effect.
Correct, incorrect - I know how to learn everything regarding
knowing that some people
want damage.
Step up.
Take time, take a year,
with my teddy looking at the everyday.
Drawings transformed
and the winter in great summer.
Papa gave me, with my insistence,
a game, it was about blame and [receiving?],
But in the [cartu] they made competence
and it was when i felt my first impotence.

1970 shhh
1970 shhh
1970 shhh

1977 Don't tell me no.
That one foresees
all that changes, that would one would do differently,
The year in which the serpent was born shhh (bis)

My adolescence
was a strange stage.
The body is a drum set
and the head, a guitar.
The orchestra [narronato].
Nothing broken for the stare
of a girl who only sizes swords.
Hormone shot
about the population without a shape
in which the seasons change.
Roads on crossroads,
each one of which is her home,
she prepared the bait.
The sacred cursed,
looking pissed.
My line, the truth,
never searched for her seat.
My search was a mere
process of pure battery.
Pupil of the poet
that marked our spit
in the range that looked to the exit.
The military parade in monotone step,
polychromatic colors,
uniforms of little tone.
Detonate my question.
The voice, if it sounded or not -
My first rhyme that sounded
and wrapped me up.
For me, my search wasn't a matter of scene.
It was something necessary
that already marked my failure
So everything,
more than necessary,
was when I understood
that everyone wants to be a pirate.

1970 shhh
1970 shhh
1970 shhh

1977 don't tell me no
That one foresees
all that changes, that would one would do differently
The year in which the serpent was born shhh (bis)

No comments:

Post a Comment