Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It was so deadpan it took me ten minutes to realize how funny it was.

I dragged my ass out of bed Too Early this morning to go get my ride in before everything had to happen - though I still had the 'Talk Myself Into Doing It Now Instead of Later' conversation which culminated with a check of the hourly weather forecast.

I made it home in time to shower and put on clean clothes before meeting my mom and Albuquirky Aunt for lunch, and thank god cause I was really sweaty and probably smelled bad and was in general not an adequate representation of myself.

So I was walking out the door, and I stick my hand in the back pocket of my jeans, and find two dollar bills. "Oh," I said, surprised and not altogether displeased. "Freshly laundered money."

The BearCat-CatBear didn't look up from his instant coffee doctoring. "I've heard about that. Isn't that what you do when you get drugs on it?"

"That's what I hear," I agreed, unfolding the stiff, slightly blue edges and trying to remember why I'd put two dollars in my back pocket and not my wallet.

"Yeah, I don't understand the process, either. Hm, this is actually quite good." He took a long slurp of instant coffee and SoDelicious coconut-based creamer, staring fuzzily out into the backyard. "Welp, have a nice day."

"You, too."

I put the dollars back in my pocket and left for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment