Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Aw, it's a crusade, now.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I did something I don't normally do - I complained about something to someone who was responsible for that something.

I wrote to Clif bar saying how much I wished they would come up with some new flavors of Builder bar. They have all these magical mystery flavors of regular Clif: Maple Nut, Iced Gingerbread, Carrot Cake, Apricot, Peanut Toffee Buzz, Crunchy Peanut... this list goes on.

The Builder options?
Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Lemon. Chocolate Mint. Vanilla Almond. Cookies n Cream.

That's it. That's all they got. It seems like a lot until you eat them all the time, and then you realize that you're locked in this tiny box labeled "Good Quality, Natural Ingredient Protein Bar That Doesn't Taste Like Total Ass" and you start to feel insane. You might even eat other protein bars made with mostly chemicals. You might purposefully choose to eat a protein bar that you know tastes like total ass, just to remind yourself to be grateful for what you've got.

So I wrote to Clif and I told them that I was a loyal consumer of their product (I've been eating Builder bars since I started paying attention to my food at the Canyon), I really appreciated their company's philosophy, could they please please please add some more flavors to the Builder line-up. I pointed out that they had added several nice flavors in the Luna Protein line-up, which I enjoyed, but it's a 12g vs 20g protein difference, and that mattered.

I got a nice email back where they plugged their various products, but then said they would go 'poke' the Builder team. And you know, that's a good response. Maybe they'll add my opinion to a stack of similar opinions and one day that stack will get high enough to be dealt with.

Then today in the mail, I got this:

Well played, Clif. But I will not be distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment