Thursday, April 14, 2011

"I've got a perfect body... but sometimes I forget."

I've loved Regina Spektor since Camille introduced me to her, playing 11:11 on heavy rotation on the way back from rape crisis training. I got her copy of 11:11, and played it almost constantly until I could get my hands on a copy of Soviet Kitsch.

When Begin To Hope came out, I hate to say I was a little disappointed. It was a great album, don't get me wrong - there's not a song on there that I don't know all the words to - but there was just something... missing. Or added, maybe, some tweak of processing that somehow removed me from the ReSpekt listening process. I was concerned that maybe being more famous, and on larger labels, was removing some of her raw appeal.

Then she released Far, and everything was all right again. I don't know why. Here's 'Folding Chair,' off that album - though actually this version was released on Live In London, which I have yet to obtain. I woke up singing it, which is strange considering I fell asleep watching Sons of Anarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment