Sunday, April 17, 2011

I turned the movie off before the scene where he died. I couldn't watch that alone.

I have favorite things. I wish sometimes that I had some kind of marketable skills - like a professional athlete does - so that I could be given free things in exchange for telling people about how great they are.

Today I decided that if I'm ever being interviewed by someone and they ask me what the secret to my success is, I'm going to tell them it's the broccoli. People would be shocked by the amount of broccoli I consume. And according to my research, it's fantastically good for me. It has high levels of vitamin c, potassium, and folic acid as well as fiber, for starters. (It's also an excellent source of something called indole-3-carbinol, which they're still researching but has to be good for something and probably means I won't get any kind of hormone related cancers.)

It's not that much of a secret that broccoli with garlic sauce, from almost any Chinese takeout place, is one of my favorite foods and my number one choice for 'what kind of take-out do you want?'

Other food-related favorites include:

Favorite Sandwich: Vegan Tempeh Sub from Mellow Mushroom
Seriously, Mellow Mushroom has the best tempeh outside of when Laura makes it at her house, which doesn't happen that often. And this sandwich is just really delicious and makes it entirely alright that I can't eat their pizza except on Cheese Day.

Favorite Soda: Diet Mountain Dew Supernova
That's actually a lie - I love Diet Coke a lot, but I've quit drinking dark sodas because they say that the phosphoric acid in them leaches the calcium from your bones, and I want my bones to be as strong as possible because I use them to run.

Favorite Restaurant: Pho Hien Vuong
Otherwise known as 'that Vietnamese place on Spring Garden.' Chances are I will drag you there at some point in your life. They know me there. One of the waitresses will correct me if I put in my usual order wrong, and remind me that I don't want ice in my water.

Favorite Ice Cream: Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked FroYo
Yeah, it's frozen yogurt, not ice cream, but I like the texture of the yogurt when combined with the bits of brownie and cookie dough. Other people on the internet seem to really hate it, but that's ok because more for me. Any birthday cake ice cream with actual pieces of cake in it also wins.

Favorite Cereal: Product 19
Though I did have an affair with Kellogg's Eggo Cereal for about a week. It's waffles. And cereal.

Favorite Protein Bar: Clif Builder's
I also really like the new Luna Protein line, but they only have 12g of protein in them so they're more of a snack type bar than a meal type bar. I like their texture best - that they're all natural and have no trans fat in them happens to be a bonus. They also give me a lot of B vitamins and iron and stuff. I really, really wish they would come out with some new flavors. Yet another reason I wish I was famous for something. If I was famous, maybe Clif would listen to these words and give me more options. If I was famous for being an athlete, I would ask Clif to sponsor me. I'd love to wear Clif gear and eat Clif products all the time.

Seriously.
It's cereal. And it tastes like waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment