Monday, April 18, 2011

Gotta be strong, gotta be fast, gotta be larger than life.

Today, four of the people in my running group ran Boston.

No, I take that back. They didn't just run Boston. They killed at Boston.

I feel so incredibly awed at them, at the fact that I run with these people. This time last year, I couldn't even conceive of even holding their kind of pace for a single mile. I didn't even know people like them existed. How incredibly cool - how incredibly lucky - that The Librarian and The Girl Who Says Fuck A Lot (who clocked a six minute PR today!) picked me up that day.

It's kind of like how Slim Jenkins managed to get himself adopted by the one person in the neighborhood who would would put up with all his crazy. I really hit the jackpot with running groups. (Also Librarians, but this has already been discussed.)

You guys are totally my heroes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment